Master of Arts in Biblical Studies[Evening College]
The MABS is a two-year program with classes on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 6.00 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. each week. The purpose of MABS is to provide sound Biblical training to professionals and Church leaders to impact the Church and society.
Another branch of HBI is the Evening College which hosts the Master of Arts in Biblical Studies program. MABS is firmly rooted in the belief of furthering the gospel of Jesus Christ, which HBI stands for. The primal goal of this program is to “Impact the knowledge of Truth”. It is a two-year degree course with English as the medium of instruction. The purpose of MABS is to provide sound Biblical training to professionals, Church leaders and those who are interested in the Word of God. Since most of these professionals are working people, the program is offered in the evening hours to facilitate to their needs.
Master of Arts in Biblical Studies is a Masters level program, designed especially for Christians in the market place to provide training in Biblical Theology, Church History, Socio-religious realities and ministerial skills, to equip them as transformational leaders for the local churches in India fulfilling the great commission.
The vision is to see Christ-like transformational leaders who are able to think and act biblically, make disciples, mobilize, equip and serve people in the market place and local churches for the mission of God
1. The candidates should have 12 years of schooling or its equivalent.
2. The candidates should have a University degree or three year B.Th (ATA/SSC).
3. Applicants who have successfully completed an un-recognized B.Th degree program will need to appear and successfully pass a qualifying examination consisting of three papers set at the Final year B.Th degree in Biblical Studies, Theology and Christian Ministry.
4. Knowledge of English is necessary to understand the lectures and write assignments and exams.
5. The candidate should be a member of the Church and produce a recommendation letter from the pastor.
6. The candidate is expected to have a witnessing life. Involvement in ministry or secular service will be appreciated.
Application and Registration
1. Applicants should send Rs.500/- to get the application and prospectus.
2. Applicants should send their filled in application forms enclosing all the required copies of their certificates to The Principal, HBI, Chennai.
3. Admissions are open throughout the year.
4. A candidate is given provisional admission on the basis of verification of certificates.
5. Duration of the program is 2 years.
6. Selected candidates will be required to pay the necessary fees and get registered.
7. Each student admitted will be given a registration number and will be expected to complete the course in 5 years from the year of registration. Extension of one year shall be considered if there is a valid reason and by paying the extra fees.