Bachelor of theology (External)
The Bachelor of Theology program is offered through extension education. This external program was initiated more than three decades ago under the title Paul’s External Theological Education. It was renewed and revised in 1997 according to standards of ATA so that through these efforts many Christians will be disciple and made more effective instruments in the hands of the Master. It used to be a three-year program, but recently it is changed into four-year degree course to make it possible for students to enroll into M.Div or any other Master’s program as a regular student. English is the medium of instruction.
Purpose: The Bachelor of Theology an external, foundational level degree program is designed to introduce Biblical Theology, Church History, Socio-religious realities and ministerial skills to Christians that will lay a foundation for them to become transformational leaders for the Church in India to fulfil the great commission.
Vision: The vision is to see Christ-like emerging leaders who will begin to think and act biblically, make disciples of all people, mobilize, equip and serve the local Churches for the mission of God.
1. Any Christian irrespective of denomination, living in India, who has enough knowledge of the English Language, can apply.
2. Must have completed 12th standard or its equivalent or 10th standard plus two years of Diploma in Theology (ATA) with a good command of English.
3. Applicants who have successfully completed an unrecognized D.Th program will need to appear and successfully pass a qualifying examination consisting of three papers in Biblical Studies, Theology and Christian Ministry.
4. Must be prepared to come to the main campus twice a year for exams and contact seminars.
5.All core and optional courses will be taught in each seminar held at the college premises for 6 days. During the seminar dates, students are expected to reside at the college and utilize the library intensively.
Application & Registration
1. Applicants should send Rs.500/- to get the application and prospectus.
2. Applicants should send their filled in application forms enclosing all the required copies of their certificates to The Principal, HBI, Chennai.
3. Admissions are open throughout the year.
4. A candidate is given provisional admission on the basis of verification of certificates.