Master of Theology in Old Testament
The Master of Theology in Old Testament is an important field of study for two years after M.Div/B.D. It touches areas like reading and translating the Greek texts of Old Testament, exegete the passages, studying the history and background of Old Testament, critical approaches and methodology of interpretation, formulating theology, etc. It helps the graduates to pursue their doctoral degree specializing in their field of study and research. The Master of Theology in Old Testament is a two year program aimed at equipping potential teachers and preachers.
The Master of Theology (Old Testament) program is designed to provide specialized training in Old Testament literature, history, theology and hermeneutics, developing transformational scholar-leaders and teachers for the Church in India and beyond.
Christ-like servant leaders, teachers, trainers and writers with Biblical worldview, proficient in Old Testament language, literature, exegetical expertise and contextual ministry skills, serving the church and the seminaries.
1. The candidates should have 12 years of schooling and any University degree or B.Th(ATA/SSC)
2. The candidates should have passed M.Div/B.D (ATA/SSC) with B+ and above.
3. Those who have successfully completed an M.Div degree but have secured only a B overall grade average are required to appear for and pass a qualifying examination consisting of three papers in Biblical Studies, Theology and Christian Ministry at the Final M.Div degree level and secure an overall grade average of B plus.
4. They should have done a minimum of two Greek exegetical papers in addition to a Greek grammar course in the Old Testament, secured second class in each paper in m.Div/B.D and been in touch with the Greek language. Otherwise, they will have to complete a one-year qualifying period.
5. Knowledge of Hebrew can be regarded as a credit.
6. Minimum experience of one year of ministry after the M.Div/B.D
7. Entrance Exam
Application and Registration
1. Application forms and prospectus can be obtained by a payment of Rs.500/- The last date to receive the filled in application is 31st December.
2. Applications after the due date will be considered with the late fee of Rs.50/- upto 31st March
3. Each student admitted will be given a registration number and is expected to complete M.Th in 5 years from the year of Registration. Extension of one year shall be considered if there is a valid reason and by paying extra fees.