Master of Theology in Missiology
The Master of Theology is an advanced study for two years after M.Div/B.D. The main purpose of the program is to develop Indian Missiologist and faculty members to teach in seminaries. It helps the graduates to pursue their doctoral degree. Missiology is an important field of study. It touches various areas like the history, growth and development of churches, theology of mission, practice of mission, culture and anthropology, social development of communities etc. this program is to prepare trainers of cross-cultural missionaries with a view to empowering ministers among the unreached people.
The Master of Theology (Missiology) program is designed to provide specialized training in Biblical, theological, Contextual and Cross-Cultural theory and practice of Church in mission to develop transformational and missiological scholar-leaders.
The vision is to see Christ-like servant leaders, missiological thinkers, teachers, and writes, proficient in missiological research, cultural exegesis and interpretation, possessing intercultural competencies and ministerial skills to serve the church fulfilling the Great Commission.
1. The candidates should have 12 years of schooling and any University degree or B.Th(ATA/SSC)
2. The candidates should have passed M.Div degree but have secured only a B overall grade average are required to appear for and pass a qualifying examination consisting of three papers in Biblical Studies, Theology and Christian Ministry at the Final M.Div degree level and secure an overall grade average of B plus.
3. They should have done at least four subjects related to missiology and Church history in their master degree programs.
4. Knowledge of preliminary Greek and Hebrew can be regarded as a credit.
5. Minimum experience of two years of ministry after their M.Div in a church or Mission
6. Writing Entrance Exam and appearing for interview.
Application and Registration
1. Application forms and prospectus can be obtained by a payment of Rs.500/- The last date to receive the filled in application is 31st December.
2. Applications after the due date will be considered with the late fee of Rs.50/- upto 31st March
3. Each student admitted will be given a registration number and is expected to complete M.Th in 5 years from the year of Registration. Extension of one year shall be considered if there is a valid reason and by paying extra fees.