Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity is a three-year residential program offered to develop Christian leadership for the Church-at-large with vision and skills to develop Christian thinking, mobilize the Church in ministry, and fulfill the responsibility of making disciples of all people with in the context of our nation. Master of Divinity is a Post-Graduate degree offered to develop Christian leadership for the different levels of Church-at-large with a vision and with skills to develop Christian thinking, mobilize the church in Ministry, and complete the responsibility of making disciples of all peoples within the context of our nation.
The master of Divinity program is designed to provide a comprehensive training in Biblical languages, Church History, Biblical Theology, cultural and social realities, ministry and leadership skills for men and women to lay a foundation to become Christ-like servants and Missional leaders for the Church in India and beyond.
The vision is to see Christ-like transformational leaders skilled in biblical languages, exegesis & interpretation, having maturity to think and act theological, contextually and critically, with ministerial and leadership skills, serving the church in fulfilling the Great Commission.
1. The candidates should have 12 years of schooling and any University degree or B.Th (ATA/SSC)
2. Bachelor of Theology (ATA/SSC) or University graduates, above 23 years of age, actively involved in some form of Christian ministry.
3. The candidate will have to pass an entrance examination in Advanced English, the Bible knowledge and General Knowledge.
4. Applicants who have successfully completed an un-recognized B.th degree program will need to appear and successfully pass a qualifying examination consisting of three papers set at the final year B.Th degree in Biblical Studies, Theology and Christian Ministry.
5. The candidate will have to attend a personal interview with the Academic Committee.
6. The candidate will have to be recommended/sponsored by a church and/or a para church organization.
Application and Registration
1. Application forms and prospectus can be obtained on payment of Rs.200/-. The last date to receive the filled in application is the 31st of December.
2. Applications after the due date will be considered with a late fee of Rs.50/- upto the 31st of March.
3. Each student admitted will be given a Registration number and will be expected to complete the M.Div. program in maximum 5 years from the year of Registration. Extension of one year shall be considered if there is a reason and by paying the continuing fees.